Pet a gator

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The careless steward

Feeling exhausted and sitting in the seat of the airplane, I finally started to drift asleep. Then a male flight attendant parked his metal cart in front of my seat and began to serve the plane. Moving speedily and deliberately like a nightclub bartendar, he jostled the various beverages to carbonic eruption, rapping them on the metal cart like a punk rock drummer. RATTA TAT TAT! His favorite move was to shake them wildly, so as to prompt the largest racket and fizz when opening. Splotch! That’s how I found myself with freckles of tomato juice on my face. Splotch! Then Sprite. Ok, who orders Sprite at 8 in the frickin’ morning?
Then he turns to me. “Would you like something to drink?”

4 Comments:

  • punk rock? That is some serious banging!
    Thanks again for lunch today. It is good to have a cheerleader and a friend.
    Erik

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

  • Hey just stopping in. Are you going to keep posting on this blog?

    T

    By Blogger Terra, at 12:15 PM  

  • I'd like to...but I don't seem to get many visitors these days. It would probably help if I updated. You know, kind of a circular effect. Updating equals more people wanting to read, equals more motivation for me to keep posting. Everybody wins!
    Thanks for reading it...albeit it's a bit dusty :)
    Hey, you got a blog?

    By Blogger petagator, at 12:18 PM  

  • you should consider blogging again sometime in the next year... :P

    By Blogger Amber Rose, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home