Pet a gator

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Lost in translation

Talking to 3 Chilean students in Spanish, I didn't understand the question. The dude with a shaggy beard pointed to my friend's Jamaican keychain. "Jim Morrison," he said in broken English. "Marijuana."
He said something else in Spanish and started laughing. I just nodded and said, "si."
My two American friends busted out laughing. "Dude, you just told them that you smoke marijuna."
"What?"
I panicked but tried to redeem the conversation with a spiritual curveball.
"Well, actually I did smoke a little when I was in high school. But that was before I had a strong relationship with Jesus. What about you...do you know Him?"
Not exactly textbook evangelism, but it was worth a try.

4 Comments:

  • Next time, stick with the 4 Laws :)

    4:20 baby.

    Actually....this story is pretty funny!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:53 PM  

  • You should had said what Bill Said. "I never did inhalle" ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:42 AM  

  • Honesty is the best policy! I think you can have a HUGE impact on people when telling that you aren't perfect and that God is still working on you. Awesome story!!
    -Lindz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 AM  

  • Been.....too.....long.....must....come....home.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home