Pet a gator

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Crowd pleaser



Two weekends ago, I competed in my 2nd sprint triathlon.

In the midst of my suffering (pictured left), I paused to acknowledge my friends, who were gleefully tossing a frisbee. I wish I could have stolen some of their oxygen.

I was pretty intimidated by the distance of the swim portion: a half mile. It was double the distance compared to first sprint tri I did. The words of a friend helped me persevere: "Swim like a gator is chasing you."

During the run, I got a nasty gut ache. It felt like an alien was trying to leave my rib cage. I somehow stuck it out. I ended finishing pretty well...and was still the 5th fastest runner of the day. I really don't know how that happened.

I'll be back for more tri action come September. Want to join me?

1 Comments:

  • So far, no one signed up to join you.

    Hard to believe, what with the promise of an alien leaving your rib cage and all. Who wouldn't want that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home