Pet a gator

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Slang you must learn



There's a term I learned while on a week long trip to Trinidad and Tobago that is gold: liming. It means to relax, hang out or basically do fun things or whatever. On the island, some locals lime by puffing ganja or going clubbing. They're only to happy to offer such activities to you (just ask my friend who also journeyed to Trinidad).

My preferred liming activities in Trinidad included going to the beach and snorkling and body surfing. The waters were a crystaline green with some of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen. Now that's some liming I can get used to.

3 Comments:

  • One of my good friends just spent a year in Barbados and she came back using that term also. I think its awesome!!
    -Lindz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM  

  • wait a second.......you changed your blog!

    just ask your "friend"?!

    uh-huh.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:44 PM  

  • Lindz: My props to you for knowing this term! I'm glad you're hip with the lingo :)

    By Blogger petagator, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home