Pet a gator

Saturday, May 13, 2006

The prodigal disc

Today while playing a round of disc golf, I thought my beloved blue disc was lost forever. The disc is sentimental because my two friends gave it to me for my 26th birthday. Ironically, Karin, who is one of the girls who gave it to me was the one who accidently threw it into a stream...I mean an extremely swampy bog, that happens to have the shape of a stream. The water has the consistency of oatmeal, with a radioactive green color. And when you throw from the second disc golf tee, it's actually pretty easy to hit this hazard.
When Karin threw it in the drink, we thought it was gone forever. That is, until we later saw a redneck looking kid wading through the nasty water. We were all shocked. Why would anyone dare swim through such filth? Did he realize what kind of things grow in there? How long the bacteria had been festering?
Karin pointed to where the disc was lost. He felt around..."I just felt a fish," he said, running his fingers through the silty filth. "Here's a stick..." He kept feeling around until he finally pulled out the blue object and threw it on the bank.
I don't who that kid was, but we owe him big.
Maybe we could buy him a drum of body sanitzer or something.

2 Comments:

  • What Chris didn't mention was that in the 2nd round of golf, I almost managed to lose the same disc again. In the same swamp, just a little farther down.

    If I'm going to keep playing this game, I think I need better eyes or a better arm. Or maybe both!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:49 PM  

  • Quite the contrary...I just think we needed to play on an easier course. I failed to mention that it was an expert course where they play tournaments, and it is fraught with swamps, trees, holes and rednecks (God Bless them). It was only Karin's 3rd time playing!! She's a champ for enduring the challenge.

    By Blogger petagator, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home