Pet a gator

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Phasing out Xenga

I've decided to phase out my Xenga account "Sudsy Says" and move it all to Petagator. People didn't want to sign up for a new service. Sigh. So, here's my way of saving them the red tape.

Below are my two Xenga posts for your enjoyment:

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Fugitive

I flew back to O-town today from visiting my family in South Dakota. My phone rang as I was unpacking my suitcase.
"The cops stopped by my office today," my brother told me. "They said that someone driving my black Chevy pickup left without paying for some gas over the weekend.
"You mean the pickup that I borrowed on Saturday?"
Apparently, I'm so used to using Florida pumps that I didn't swipe my card properly but the South Dakota pump still let me get the gasn without paying ahead of time.
Funny thing: I remember reading the gas pump ad with a trooper saying that it is a big crime to not pay for gas in South Dakota and that you'll get a $30 fine for it. Foreshadowing?
Curses, curses, curses.

11:02 PM - 2 eprops - 1 comment - email it

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Swimming with Ursula

So...I was swimming laps in the pool on Friday (my stroke of choice is the dog paddle) when this chick with a figure remnisent of Ursula the Sea Witch tries to take over MY lane. I'm trying to train for a triathlon competion in 2 weeks...so hitting the lap pool was kind of mandatory. My workout was going great until Ursula (did I mention she was wearing a black suit?) ducks under the plastic divider and starts swimming...in my lane!! The nerve. No words exchanged. No, "can I please share your lane?" As I swam towards the middle, our paths were about to cross. Like a varidible octopus, she floated on the water, hogging the lane. I tried to veer to the right, but my hand pegs the plastic divider as I swing my arm for the stroke. OUCH.

After a few more laps, I bailed, letting Ursula steal my lane...though I was tired anyway after nearly a mile of swimming. As I left, I muttered under my breath, "you win this round Ursula."

2 Comments:

  • I like that you spell Zenga in a way quite unlike the way Xanga spells Xanga.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:19 PM  

  • Dude,
    Good stories. Now, how is it that I missed these when you told me about your trip to SD? Sheez, help a brother out. :) lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home